Saturday, September 8, 2007

a bit of knitting

I know it isn't much, but here's some of the knitting I have completed lately. All other recently knitted items look... much the same.



I haven't started on the Audrey sweater from Melissa Leapman's Hot Knits. I can't make the Wed. night knit alongs. :( Teaching this kiddie lit class for VWC sounded good at the time, but I think the knitting time is better for my mental health. If I lose my mind this semester, everyone will know why.

Anyway, I haven't done more than knit the swatch, muddle through the math....because I wanted to use Blue Sky Alpaca's cotton yarn for the sweater... I must pay for this change by fiddling with math.

A colleague and I had to go to Va Tech today for a meeting. Because I need the knitting time, I almost asked him to drive... but it is my car... and I didn't do it. Ten+ hours of lost knitting time. :( So.... I now feel compelled to go knit.

3 comments:

kemtee said...

Go knit. Any knitting is better than no knitting if it saves me having to read about your nervous breakdown on the news.

vlb5757 said...

The bags look pretty good so far! I wish I had more time to knit but like you that teaching thing keeps getting in the way. I am going to miss a lot of the Guild meetings due to the fact I have a 4 hour class every Monday for next 5 weeks. ugh!

maureen said...

It is kind of fun to think of my nervous breakdown making the local news. :)

Vickie, I know what you mean. I love this class I am teaching, but it makes a HUGE dent in my knitting time. I am traveling to Baltimore this weekend. I am KNITTING, not driving. I am sooooo excited.