Friday, June 8, 2007

Babies

I finished one and almost finished another baby sweater.



I made this one for a cousin in Newfoundland, and I just finished another one for a friend in California. They will never see each other, so their outfits won't clash. I like the version on the model, my cousin Benjamin. He's my first cousin's son, so what does that make him? My first cousin, once removed is my bet. Once removed means one generation down right?

I finished the sleeve on the yellow baby sweater, and now I have to move to the button band.

I'll be flying to Boston for a work conference next week, so I won't be working on anything big. I have some nice Fleece Artist sock yarn that I bought in Toronto last year, and I think that will be my travel knitting. I have some tiny Brittany needles that should pass the airline test.

I, who am NOT a morning person, am leaving for this trip at 4:45 in the morning. ICK! I SAY I will go to bed early, but somehow, I just know, it won't happen.

2 comments:

kemtee said...

OOoooo… izzums sweetie wittle man! Him needs huggins.

Oh yeah, nice sweater. :-D

445 in the morning? 0-dark thirty? Are you mad, woman? They'd better be paying you double time for that kind of lunacy!

maureen said...

Isn't he precious? Because they live in Newfoundland, I haven't met him yet, but I will in late July.

I must be mad... paying double? a community college? most definitely NOT, especially as I am faculty... which means contract. The powers that be feel if I go on their dime, I should be grateful for the opportunity. ;)