Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Guess what this is? ,




Well it used to be the Einstein body and upper parts. But then I tried it on... and I looked like a short square person… think Sponge Bob.... only I was blue/green not yellow.

What was I thinking?!?! I knew I wouldn’t like the fit of the Einstein, but NOOOOO, I had to give in to peer pressure.... Well OK. They didn’t really pressure me at all, so I guess it was peer envy. I fell under the spell of the lushly thick alpaca boucle Einsteins’ the Wed. night knitters were creating. Yarn fumes, as the Yarnharlot would say, took over my better judgment. So, even though the Einstein was about 3/4 of the way finished, I knew I wouldn't wear it. So, I ...r-r-r-r-r-i-i-i-i-p-p-p-p-ped.. Man, that was a lot of ripping!

I decided to use the yarn on the more fitted shawl collar cardigan from Adrienne Vittadini.

So now, I have started Starlight. The yarn, Rowan’s Silk Wool DK is marvelous to work with. Yeah! Freud would say, I intentionally made the garment blocky to get to the scrumptious Starlight. Who knows the mind of the inner knitter?

I also finished the body of the Guild's Knit-a-long sampler vest. I’ll post photos of these once I get a little of the work visible on Starlight. So far, I've only cast on and knit the garter stitch band for the fronts and back.

1 comment:

Sami said...

Good luck with Starlight! I'm really enjoying it. I can't wait to see your progress photos.