Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jan. 11

Last night I visited Ewe Knit Kits and Yarns for knitting night. All the regulars were there… well Dona was there, but she was in the back learning how to knit two socks at the same time, on one circular needle! Two of us worked on our Einstein jackets. That is the new knitting I just had to join. Peer pressure is such a bear! Last Wed. when I attended the knitting night, everyone was just starting hers or just finishing the body. Mary Jo started hers that night, so, of course, I caved to the pressure and bought the alpaca boucle the next day. By Sat, I was well along.

Now I am back to the body being only about one quarter finished. I had to rip out!

I blame it all on Sideways. I zipped through the entire body on Sunday night, only to find I had lost track of the gauge. The fabric was way too flabby, not at all dense like I wanted it. Before I could reconsider frogging, and just do the usual: fudge it, I ripped. After all, Sally Melville is coming to Ewe Knit Kits and Yarns’ KnitaPalooza 2007. I don’t want her seeing a flabby or a fudged Einstein. Sigh.

Why, oh why didn’t I pay more attention? I DO know better. But…I want to finish the Einstien FAST. Because I saw The Starlight sweater from Rowan's Classic Style at Ewe Knit Kits and Yarns. And I WANT it NOW!! This entire book is filled with great patterns. I can’t wait to get started.

No comments: