Saturday, January 27, 2007

I love Virginia Beach winter weather

Today I spoke briefly with my aunt, uncle, and a cousin in Southern Harbour, Newfoundland.

They had been hit by a huge snow storm and were snowed in. My cousin's husband was supposed to arrive last night, but he couldn't even make it all the way there because of the road conditions.

I have no photos yet, but here are two from a storm in Bonavista a few years ago.






Notice the iced over fence rails! Brrrrrr!


Now, here's what I see in my front yard:


And today's winter temperatures reached 62F or 16.666C. I'll take that any Jan. 27th. I love Virginia Beach winter weather.

Don't get me wrong, I love Newfoundland, and can't wait to go home this summer, but right now, I plan to enjoy what the folks in VB call winter.

No comments: