Friday, March 23, 2007

Swag

Once again, while surrounded by yarn and yarny things, I showed much restraint. I didn't buy frivolously. In fact, two skeins of koigu that I was drooling over escaped me. The lady buying them assured me they were going to a good home. She wore beautiful sweaters each day of Knittapalooza, so I am certain she can be believed.

I bought Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman.
Several of the Wednesday night knitters are talking about a knit-along for the shapely, cabled Audrey sweater. I love it, and it is knit in a bulky weight yarn, with only 4 cables total. After Starlight, I'm going to need a little IG (instant gratification).

I have started the sleeves on Starlight. No photos, because it needs to be on a body to show up. I'm home alone today, and though I can emulate the MySpace at arm's length photos, I just can't seem to get the sweater to show up that well. And as that is the point....

Now, on the Noni bag, I need to sew in the zip right? I am teaching the class in a few weeks, and it would be good to have it on display. Right? Why, oh why am I procrastinating then? Could it be because it is soooooooo much easier to take the zipper to Stacey and have her zap it together for me? Can I just tell my students to do that too? ;)

*Sigh* I guess I'll do it today, grumble, grumble, grumble. You know that takes away from my knitting time. And tonight I am roadie mom again. Jeremiah and the other Couch Jumpers are playing at Relative Theory. Tonight I am bringing my class socks.

Joanne is teaching, not just any old sock class, but toe-up, turkish cast on, magic loop, two socks at one time. Whew!

You can see I just turned the heel on my first sock, and before I act as roadie mom, I plan to turn the other heel. I need concentration for that effort. Once the heel is completed, it is two calfs' worth of mindless knitting...and I'm done. But first I must sew in a zipper...

No comments: