Friday, February 2, 2007

Second Annual Brigid in Cyberspace Poetry Reading

Bummer.

I must have placed Tom William's book faceOFF in a nice safe place. The title poem is one of my all time favorites. It is witty, yet has bite... but it still shows his love for his daughters. Cool stuff. I think my signed copy is in the room where my husband is sleeping... think he'd mind me flicking on the light and digging through the bookshelves?

Yeah... he probably would.

But Tom's newest book, Bombing the House of God is online.... so, I can still post one of his poems.

god as we unserstood him
too many commandments,
"thou shalt nots." don't get it
right the first time, you only

suffer. questions?
don't ask, don't tell.
that's our story, and we're sticking to it.

that's how you find
damnation, how things become
interesting in hell.

who wouldn't kill a boy
hitler, given the right time, the right
knowledge? there can be too much

organization. give me
someone who accepts
any crime commited

to avoid a greater evil, give me
an idol, an old testament
jove, chaotic and insecure.


Want to see another? Check out: Poetry Southeast.

Go check him out at All Nations Press.

No comments: